Saturday, March 7, 2009

As I sit here waiting for my pager to start going off to pick up the next "poor soul" who is too lazy to walk so their insurance can pay for the ambulance ride to and from dialysis, I start to realize that there are people these days that don't give a damn about anything. They don't give a damn that the reason this country is the way it is today is because the attitude of people has gone from "give me liberty" to "give me." People think they are entitled to take advantage of the system. These people are the reasons why a lawyer is a word in the English language, the reason why a car accident can be 40% your fault, the reason why taxes need to raise to pay for girl-from-the-block whom still is unemployed yet REFUSES to take birth control, and the reason why obesity is so prevalent.

I understand that there is a fine line between genetics and stupidity, but I have zero sympathy for someone who weighs 350 pounds, needs an oversized stretcher for the ride home from the hospital (abdominal pain) and is placed in a bed with a bag of potato chips clipped on the side rail.

No sympathy.

I don't like talking to people about religion because I am extremely stubborn in my beliefs as I'm sure defendant is equally so. I do, however, love acting like I know what I'm talking about to sweet old ladies on the verge of finding out the truth with all that mess. I don't think it's right for someone in that condition to start asking questions and having doubts. It would be like telling a four year old there's no Santa the day before Christmas. I'm not all about that. I smile, nod, wonder how long it's going to be until I'm at the point in my life where I actually love my job, and keep on truckin. I'll let people have their fun; convert me, open my eyes, "omg you are so right," and get the good feeling people get when you help another person. I'll be the one looking you square in the face thinking, "you have no idea and neither do I."

Posted from my iPod

1 comment: