Sunday, March 8, 2009

I'm starting to get a hang of using a keyboard that is about two and a half square inches to write blogs longer than some essays I wrote in college. I feel like I've reverted back to the seventh grade by only being able to use my right index finger while my others slack off and watch. It's like a construction site in the palm of my hands.

I figure this blog is a good way to remember what goes on and how I'm feeling on different days because my memory is terrible. Last night was another one of those nights I absolutely can't get enough of. It probably could have been better but some people find charging their phone a lot harder to do than most others. For the past couple years I've been practicing and enhancing my social life by sitting at home. There are few things I like more on a Friday or Saturday night than grabbing a six pack, plopping on my favorite chair that is terrible for my posture in my boxers, and drinking while playing videogames over the Internet with my closest friends. Am I a hermit? Maybe. Loser? Probably. Yet with this type of lifestyle, I've managed to keep in touch with friends relocated to Wyoming, and meet people who happen to be an heir to a successful mortuary somewhere in rural Oklahoma. And I can do all of this in the comfort of my own apartment. Why go to a bar and deal with a bunch of conceited douche bags looking for a) a dirty skank whom hopefully has the clap or b) a fight. If I don't want to deal with somebody, one simple press of the button shuts their prepubesent ass up. I suppose if I went to a bar there wouldn't be kids around, but still. Although I have probably spent weeks of my life in front of my tv, controller in hand, I can honestly say that I don't regret it.

Bring on the weeks to come.

Posted from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment